A Christian Blog Dedicated to Thoughtful Discussion About Difficult Topics
- Learning Evangelism From The Apostle Paul
- Hunger & Thirst For Righteousness
- The Faulty Logic Of Calvinism
- Unjust Weights Are Abomination
- What makes a good sermon?
- The One And Only Gospel Of Jesus Christ.
- Does the Bible say the world will get worse and worse?
- Cognitive Ease and Christianity.
- The Death of the King James Bible (KJV)
- Why Do You Believe There Is A God
- You are a saint
- Christians Stop Complaining
- Understanding Biblical Literary Style.
- Children need to be taught Biblical theology.
- Why Genesis
I am passionate about my Savior, Jesus Christ, and His Word. I am just as concerned as Jesus was with traditions and incorrect understandings of scripture creeping into the church. With all humility, I am attempting to help Christians rethink things that may have gotten us off course. I believe that by faith, prayer, and study, God will use me to help in this task.
I have come to believe that there are two areas the church needs to refocus on, and that is the first three chapters of Genesis and the Paradise Kingdom of God.
The Creation Story
The view that the earth is only 6000 years old and that God created everything in six twenty-four-hour periods has been held firm by conservatives for decades. My intention is not to convince Christians that this view is incorrect; instead, it is to demonstrate another view that treats these chapters as literal without undermining doctrine.
It is important because many cannot accept the belief that the universe is only 6000 years old. Demanding them to do so when there are other views will hinder the gospel’s reach.
I have a series of articles that I hope will help us think more clearly about this matter.
The Kingdom of God
Many Christians do not understand that the Kingdom of God is the central theme of the Bible. It is for the Kingdom’s sake that Jesus came to save men. The heaven men were intended to live in is on the earth, and it is our home. We have been led to believe we will leave this earth at some point and dwell in a heaven above.
Jesus preached the gospel of the Kingdom, which is the only gospel. Offering salvation for eternal life without the understanding that one is asking Jesus to be Lord and to live in His Kingdom is selling the gospel short.